Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weird. Odd. ...Funny?

I am a gambling man.
In the fun kind of way. Various friends and I place bets, usually open-ended and fairly harmless and all in good fun. Usually dealing with the outcome of some game.

And so I finally collected (after a few weeks of putting it off) on one. I have a deal with a friend of mine - I've told her (and here's where sticking to your word can bite you in the butt) that if she buys it, I'll wear it. This all started as a bit of a discussion as to why she doesn't wear dresses..and in the ensuing arguement, it was asked why I don't wear dresses. ('cause I refuse to shave my legs?) To whit, `Hey, if you buy it, I'll wear it.` Lately, this has given way to some potentially embarassing things...which, thankfully, she has not spent her hard-earned money on.

Now.. this is where I got myself into trouble : my friend isn't girly-girl at all. So for christmas, as a gag, I got her some really girly stuff. ..and she wore them. And yes, she looks absolutely amazing in it. There was retaliatory threats of clothing-orientation. ....but no follow-through. Yet.

Sometime this week, we're going shopping. Probably after a couple of pints.
Maybe I'm paranoid. But I keep expecting her to spring this evil on me at some point.
The evil of gag-oriented clothing & objects.
Things designed to make you bright red and hope to crawl into a tiny hole somewhere away from people.

We'll see what the weekend brings.

No comments: